Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Trot 5k

I'm typing on my phone, which makes for a short post...

My official time was 19:26. I was the second female and seventh overall. I'm pleased with the result, felt strong, ran smart, and feel fairly confident that I can run faster.

My Garmin clocked mile 1 at 6:02, mile 2 at 6:04, and mile 3 at 6:18. My final distance was measured at 3.19 with an average pace of 6:06. According to the Garmin, I passed the 3.11 mile point at exactly 18:59. Okay, so Garmin results don't really count, and maybe it was off a little, but I'm thinking I can break 19 on an accurate course...

We had a great day. There were pictures below, but the phone app did a terrible job displaying them. I just left one that seemed fine. Maybe I'll have to post more pics later.

I hope everyone else had a great day too!

5 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

I saw your results and my first thought was that you have to run another 5k like next weekend! You will go sub 19! Amazing! SO happy for you:)

Your girls are growing up:)

Karen said...

I think you can go Sub-19, you are unstoppable. Congrats on that time!

You and your kiddos are adorable :)

Raina said...

Ah! That is fast!! And the long course stinks...Those are some fantastic splits, Katie. I hope you can get another 5k soon.

Beautiful photo!

Jenn said...

Wow! That is a super awesome time on a very long 5K course!! Avg. pace 6:06! You will definitely crack that sub 19 on a better course! Hope you find one soon!!

Love the pic!! Two beautiful kiddos and a 19:26. Yes, the makings for a VERY good day:) Congrats to you!

Michelle said...

Congrats!! And the baby is getting so big!